Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Fave - Renoir

Friday Fave

Pierre-Auguste Renoir


(1841–1919)

Born in France.
He started as an apprentice to a porcelain painter and studied drawing in his spare time. 

 One of my first "pieces of art" was a poster of this famous painting:



The Dance in Bougival

A few of you who have known me forever may remember seeing it in my dining area of my apartment in Bellevue, WA.

This painting is similar... I think Renoir enjoyed dancing and gatherings because several of his paintings reflect that.


"Dancing In The Country"

The lady in the middle is my favorite of this painting, her face is detailed and pretty.



"The End of Breakfast"

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be himself in this painting but doesn't look like his picture above?


"The Theater Box"

He was a part of a movement that introduced impressionism as genre of art in the 1870's.

Next week I'll share with you a woman who I have great adoration for, she's not an Artist but is a creative, and if I have to grow old and live into my 80's or 90's then I want to follow in her footsteps and have some of her sense of style, energy and work ethic.

Have a great weekend.
Marti
xoxoxo

To my mind, a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful and pretty, Yes pretty!  There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is without creating still more of them.  -Renoir
courtesy of Wiki Quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment